It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:05 am

Welcome
Welcome to yesandyes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Current obsessions!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

What are you guys currently obsessed with? Which books/websites/bands/movies/products can you not live without

I'm currently obsessing over:

1) This weird, two tube fiber mascara 'system' that I bought on a whim in Thailand http://www.weloveshopping.com/template/a18/showproduct.php?pid=17774745&shopid=171288

2) The Walking Dead - I'm not usually into TV shows, but who knew a zombie show could be so well-acted and moving?

3) Not using soap. Yes, you read that correctly. I read this post http://nomoredirtylooks.com/2011/02/the-no-soap-challenge-the-results-are-in-and-we-have-a-winner/and decided to give it a try. And thus far, I don't smell and I don't feel dirty!

4) Top Shop. Sweet Eff, I went into a Top Shop for the first time yesterday and it was as if someone had broken into my mind and brought all my dreams to life. A million things in drape-y silk, in peachy warm neutrals, with weird cuts and interesting prints. I almost wish I'd never seen it.

What's floating your boat these days?

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Current obsessions!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:24 am 

No soap?! I think I must try this. I get a lot of dry skin patches and my face feels horrible and tight if I don't moisturise.

Anyway, obsessions:
Tea! I've never been much of a tea drinker but in the last week or so I've been having a couple of cups every day. I love it a lot. And now I finally have an excuse to buy a pretty tea pot.

Clothes for hot places! All of my clothes are black and hot. I need to find a few light coloured things before heading to SE Asia. And on that note

Short tights! I am yet to find any, but I haven't stopped looking for them. I guess I'm looking for something like bike shorts. It's hard being taller then 5'5", all the dresses show your bum when you bend over.

Photography! I got a fancy camera in December and have been taking a million photos of the same thing till I get one I like. At the moment I'm challenging myself to one photo of my food a day.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm 

Another vote for tea here, I'm drinking a mug of Assam with a squeeze of lime juice whilst typing this!

Also:
* Retro Camera Apps - I love the lomography look but I'm far too impatient to wait for film to be developed.
* Trying to make friends with the neighbourhood cats - the landlord won't allow us to become cat caretakers ourselves.
* My Kindle - I love books, but I always have three or four on the go at once. Now I can carry them all around with me without causing myself injuries!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 pm 

I obsess over things far too easily so it might be that next week, I'm not even interested in the same things anymore!

I've recently started re-watching all of the epic series that is Buffy, The Vampire Slayer. I love the show so, so much. Anything vampire-related that came after just seems like a bad, bad copy.

And I've got the worst obsession with Oscar Wilde. I might have bought all of his books by now.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:18 pm 

I used to watching Buffy religiously when I was in high school. Ah, the good old days.

Current obsessions:
Project 365 - I finally got a phone with a decent camera, and I've been trying to take at least one decent photograph every day and uploading them to flickr for safe keeping.
Hot blackcurrant - My cold weather drink, I've been getting through at least a bottle of squash a week making it, but it's fantastic when I'm sat coding for hours
My job - I have finally got a job in a theatre, just building and taking down sets for touring shows, but I'm epically excited for my first shift on Monday.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 pm 

Thick Cut-Straight-Across Bangs That-Can-Also-Be-Swoopy

Dressing like a hipster while all my friends are uber-preps

Minimalizing my life and seeing how many items I REALLY need to live

Glee. The Bieber episode? I'm sorry. It was magic.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:59 pm 

Baking bread! The process is almost a meditation of sorts. Each step has it's own rules, room for subtle changes and technique-tweaking. When I break open a fresh baguette I feel a little like I think god might, this beautiful and inspired creation from the most simple of ingredients!

I agree with LCTraveler, simplifying my life has become an obsession. I get a thrill the longer I can stretch not going to the store, or spending a dollar. It makes shopping (mostly thrifting) like a holiday when it comes!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:08 pm 

LCTraveler : Glee. Makes.Me.Feel.So.Good. :)) you too? :)) Magic without borders :))

Green tea with a slcie a lemon ...!!! i feel like a tea obession is coming :))

i am currently watching Ellen Degeneres Show on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/user/theellenshow

like all episodes and all the stuff they have and just adore her sence of humor and how all other people "cooperate" in that show. She is a really cool aunt Ellen :-)

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:59 pm 

Champurrado. I don't know how I lived 23 years without it. I mourn these years of lost chocolatey goodness.

Also, proper Earl Grey tea in a pot.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:11 pm 

*Adele's voice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
(wow, just...wow) http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... gle+Reader

Also baking bread! I've just been dappling in the "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes" method, which is pure magic by the way! Does anyone have any good links for making delicious breads?

Cracked peppercorn.

And by far, probably my discovery of Radiolab has made the past couple of months back at home bearable. I would recommend the "Memory and Forgetting" or "Words" episode.
*But for any of you who are suckers for strange, but incredibly moving love stories, check out this episode, right around eleven and a half minutes in:
http://www.radiolab.org/2010/sep/20/

Report this post